Up to now I have made good progress with my diet and improved my overall understanding of visual snow, speaking to many readers personally has also helped me learn – thank you to those who have been in touch via email or social media. Now it’s time to step things up and for me to start doing more myself. I will be writing about my personal experiences and progress more frequently in this blog section.
What Has Already Been Covered
There are many more theoretical topics waiting to be covered but looking back at what has already been discussed in a short period of time, I think it’s been a good start.
A quick guide to elimination diets
- I have committed to regular exercise and stretching, as well as been attempting to reduce my use of electronic devices.
- I started taking Quercetin more regularly and have also started taking passionflower again.
- I have gradually been relaxing my diet again and including some new foods. As part of this I finally tried A2 milk (cow milk with a2 rather than a1 beta-casein) to see if there would be any return to symptoms. There wasn’t any change that I immediately noticed. I may occasionally now buy A2 milk or goat dairy to further test things. But in any case, I no longer view dairy on the whole as being a particularly healthy food, just a convenient one.
Next Few Weeks
- I am going to (try to) commit to taking cold showers, take a closer look at fasting and will be researching the vagus nerve.
- I am researching bacteria, enzymes, and exploring adding more fermented foods to my diet. I am considering starting on a ketogenic diet.
- I am going to start exploring various supplements again – I seem to have a greater sensitivity now but also know better what to realistically expect.